Check out this curated list of Sweat Your Assets monthly content for Oct-23 (Monthly Digest #34).
Since September, I have been working to publish content in both English and French using WPML services. Let me know if it makes a difference to you 🙂
MARKET BAROMETER | MONTHLY DIGEST #34
An eye view of Stock Market Indicators, as of October 2023:
[This month | previous month | previous two months | % changes over five years].
- VIX (volatility index) – the fear gauge: 19.64 | 17.28 |13.92 | +0.67% (Fear perception is rapidly growing).
- S&P 500: 4,168 | 4,288 | 4,514.87 | + 53.07% (Still relatively high, but in negative trends for the last months).
- S&P 500 P/E Ratio: 23.83| 24.48 | 25.45. (Historically, the median value is 17.86, with a typical range between 19.33 and 27.91).
- BND – Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund: USD 68.68| 69.78 | 71.63 | -11.37% (The bond market suffered from high-interest rates).
- VNQ – Vanguard REITS – Real Estate: USD 71.86 | 75.66 | 82.99 | -7.92% Negative trend.
- GLD – SPDR Gold Shares: USD 186 | 171.45 | 180.32 | +59.52% Growing trends, connected to fear.
October’s investment market is clearly on a negative trend. It does not come as a surprise: too much is happening, from slowing economies, wars, inflation, and high interest rates. While I remain invested, I cautiously increase cash and cash alternative reserves – including gold certificates – for future deals.
SWEAT YOUR ASSETS QUOTES
- Higher standard. The only thing that changes our lives long-term is when we raise our standards. Tony Robbins
- Be a free thinker. Don’t take refuge in the false security of consensus. Christopher Hitchens
- Gold. Gold is money. Everything else is Credit. J.P. Morgan (1912)
SWEAT YOUR ASSETS PODCAST
Check out my latest Podcast Episodes.